There can be many reasons for your partner or friend to feel depressed or have the holiday blues. Here are 9 tips to help them through the holidays.
- Be a good listener.
- Communicate your support: for example, say “This must be a difficult time for you. Is their anything I can do to help?”
- Encourage your partner or friend to exercise.
- Make suggestions to eat more healthfully (cut down on caffeine, alcohol, or sugar).
- Ask them first what they want to do during this holiday season. Then ask who they want to do it with and when. Write it down. Also, ask them what kind of support they need to do this activity.
- Encourage them to do something FUN. [Read more…] about 9 Tips To Help Your Depressed Partner Or Friend Through The Holidays